Char Siew Pork

This char siew pork is so tasty yet so simple to cook. This is one recipe that I have inherited from my husband's nanny. I have added a little red food dye which I think she will disapprove of. But I can't help it as the red colour really makes the char siew pork more pretty.


Ingredients:
- 500g of pork collar butt meat
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of light soya sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
- pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- red food dye (optional)

Procedures:
1) Marinate pork with oyster sauce, sugar, light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, pepper and sesame oil overnight.
2) Place pork and marinate in a frying pan. Add half a cup of water. Let the meat simmer until the sauce thickens.
3) Add a little oil on a baking tray. Glaze the meat with the oil and place them in one layer on the baking tray.
4) Bake at 250 degree celsius for 15 mins on each side. There should be some char edges.
5) Slice the pork and serve.

I used the same recipe for Char Siew Chicken. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shallots Steamed Chicken Wings

Salmon and Mushroom Rice (Rice-cooker)

Hokkien Mee