Butter Rice

Today, I hosted my paternal-side extended family for a lunch gathering at my place. I prepared 7 home-cooked dishes including a few with some level of difficulty- roasted lamb leg and pavlova (see separate posts). Hence, to keep the preparation manageable, I decided to cook a simple carbohydrate dish - butter rice. Surprisely, this simple dish was also one of the most popular dishes.


Ingredients:
- 200g of butter
- 2 bulbs of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of mixed Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 200g of roasted cashew nuts
- 200g of raisins
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- a sprinkle of tumeric powder 

Procedures:
1) Melt butter in a pan. Add garlic, mixed Italian herbs, sea salt to the melted butter.
2) Add cooked rice. Mix well.
3) Add roasted cashew nuts and raisins. Mix well. Serve.

My sister loves my butter rice. So, I made it into a cake for her birthday. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shallots Steamed Chicken Wings

Salmon and Mushroom Rice (Rice-cooker)

Hokkien Mee