Salmon Pokebowl

After eating a Pokebowl, you will be able to catch powerful Pokemons with your Pokeball. I simply cannot resist saying this when my boys are enjoying my Salmon Pokebowl. Quiz. Where is Salmon Pokebowl invented? Japan? Nope, it is Hawaii! This dish is so fun to eat and so fun to cook, or should I say "assemble"?


Ingredients:
400g sashimi grade salmon
2 cups of Japanese rice
2 avocados, cut into cubes
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly shredded
Japanese marinated ginger
Edamame
Seaweed
4 tablespoons of Japanese soya sauce
2 tablespoons of mirin
2 tablespoons of Japanese vinegar
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
2 tablespoons of white sesame seeds
Wasabi

Procedures:
1) Cook Japanese rice as per instructions in the packet
2) Add soya sauce, Mirin, vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds to marinate salmon. Let it sit while rice is cooking (around 20 mins)
3) Boil edamame
4) Assemble the Pokebowl with all the ingredients. Top up with a little wasabi.

My 3.5 year-old and 8 year-old boys enjoy this dish. Initially, I was quite hesitant to let my tiny ones try raw fish. But they requested to try and loved it instantly. So, I figured that I just have to make sure that the raw salmon is really fresh. Besides that, I must say my boys really have a discerning tastebuds for good food. I personally like this dish a lot as the after-taste is very light, refreshing and satisfying.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shallots Steamed Chicken Wings

Salmon and Mushroom Rice (Rice-cooker)

Hokkien Mee