Chicken Mushroom Pie

I still remember the time I had my first chicken mushroom pie. It was during my first train ride to Malaysia. My auntie baked this for our supper during the overnight train ride. Hence, this snack reminds me of the excitement of the trip and the view of the train track from my train bunk bed.


Ingredients for 6 pies:
- 5 roti prata pastry (spring home)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 chicken thigh meat, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- 4-5 brown mushrooms, diced
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 2 cup of milk
- 1 chicken cube
- pepper

Procedures:
1) In a frying pan, add some vegetable oil. Stir-fry onions and garlic until fragrant.
2) Add flour and fry until no more rawness. Add 2 cups of milk and cook until a thick sauce is formed. Season it with chicken cube and pepper.
3) Add chicken pieces, carrots, potatos and mushrooms. Cook until tender.
4) In a muffin tin, line each base with half a roti prata pastry (use 2 quarter pieces to form a base). Fill up with chicken filling. Cover each with a quarter of a roti prata pastry.  Brush the pastry with egg wash.
5) Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shallots Steamed Chicken Wings

Salmon and Mushroom Rice (Rice-cooker)

Hokkien Mee