Mapo Tofu

A few years ago, I visited the hometown of Mapo Tofu (Si Chuan, Chengdu) and enjoyed the food tremendously. I ate like a local as I savoured the 口水鸡,水煮鱼,麻辣火锅,braised rabbit heads etc. With my little ones at home, it is hard to cook any Si Chuan dishes. Today, I decided to push the boundaries a little with a not-so-spicy Mapo Tofu. My elder son loves it! I think I can up my game in future. 





Ingredients:
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced 
- 250g minced pork 
- 1 block of tofu, cut into cubes
- corn flour 
- 1 tablespoon of light soya sauce 
- 1 teaspoon of fermented soya beanpaste 
- 1 tablespoon of Lao Gan Ma's chili oil 
- spring onions for garnishing

Procedures:
1) Add 1 tablespoon of corn flour and light soya sauce to minced pork. Mix well and let it marinate. 
2) Soak the tofu cubes in hot water. 
3) To a frying pan, add a little vegetable oil. Add garlic and fry until fragrant. Add minced pork and fry until brown. 
4) Add fermented soya beanpaste, chili oil and fry a little. 
5) Mix cornflour to half a cup of water. Add to the minced meat. 
6) Add tofu cubes and mix well. Serve. Garnish with spring onions. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shallots Steamed Chicken Wings

Salmon and Mushroom Rice (Rice-cooker)

Hokkien Mee