Beanpaste Steamed Pork Ribs

This is a recipe improvised by my mother who cooked it very often when I was little. She would add special ingredients such as chili and lime juice which gave the dish a surprisingly refreshing note. She no longer cooks this dish anymore as she says she cannot recreate that particular taste. Today, I decided to give it a try and the taste seemed close to what I remember. One thing I did differently - I steamed the pork ribs over leftover rice so that the yummy sauce could add flavour to the rice.


Ingredients:
- 500g of prime pork ribs, chopped into smaller pieces 
- 1 tablespoon of beanpaste 
- 1 tablespoon of dark soya sauce 
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, minced 
- 1 tablespoon of sugar 
- pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil 
- chopped chili, line juice (optional) 
- spring onion for garnishing 

Procedures:
- Marinate pork ribs with beanpaste, dark soya sauce, garlic, sugar, pepper and sesame oil. Add chopped chili if desired. 
-  Steam for 30 minutes. 
- Drizzle lime juice on the pork ribs. Garnish with spring onions. Serve. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shallots Steamed Chicken Wings

Salmon and Mushroom Rice (Rice-cooker)

Hokkien Mee