Broccoli Soup

I admit that I am the kind of mothers who would sneak vegetables into dishes so that my children get more vitamins, minerals and fibre. Broccoli Soup is one way that I do it. My younger son loves broccoli soup even though he is less enthusiastic about broccoli. Somehow, vegetables when blended are not vegetables anymore.


Ingredients:
- 300g broccoli, chopped
- 2-3 Russet potatos, peeled and diced
- vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon of mixed Italian herbs
- pepper
- 1 cup of milk/cream
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion, diced

Procedures:
1) Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Add garlic and onion and fry until fragrant.
2) Add potatos and broccoli. Fry until soft.
3) Add boiling water, just enough to cover the ingredients. Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
4) Blend the soup until smooth.
5) Add a cup of milk/cream, vegetable stock cube, herbs and pepper. Serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shallots Steamed Chicken Wings

Salmon and Mushroom Rice (Rice-cooker)

Hokkien Mee