Meatball Marinara

Cold sandwiches, no matter how packed with ingredients, do not appeal to me. Being a true-blue Asian, I must have my meals hot in order to be satisfied. So, I hardly settle for a sandwich for lunch even when I visit western countries. Occasionally, when I need to grab a sandwich from Subway, I would always opt for meatball marinara as it is the closest to a satisfying hot meal.

When I make meatball marinara sandwich at home, I would play the sneaky mummy who packs a lot of vegetables in the sauce without the children knowing. For this reason, I cannot express enough how thankful I am for food blenders/processors.


Ingredients:
- 500g minced beef (for 18 meatballs)
- 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese 
- 3-4 tablespoons of bread crumbs 
- mixed Italian herbs 
- black pepper 
- sea salt 
- 4 sticks of celery, diced 
- 200g of mushrooms, diced 
- 1 large onions, diced 
- 1 bulb of garlic 
- 2 tomatoes, diced 
- 2 eggs 
- 1 beef cube 
- 1 tablespoon of sugar 
- 1 small can of tomato paste 
- mozzrella cheese 
- salad vegetables 

Procedures:
1) Mix minced beef, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, pepper and mixed herbs in a large bowl. Roll into 20 meatballs. 
2) Bake the meatballs in the oven at 180 degree celsius for around 15 minutes.
3) Stir fry onions, garlic, mushrooms, celery and tomatoes until soft. Add tomato paste and water. Simmer and then blend into a thick paste. 
4) Add more water, add meatballs. When the sauce reboils, add beef cube, mixed herbs, pepper and sugar. 
5) Cut bread into half (ciabatta/panini). Add meatball, sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake in the oven until the cheese melts. 
6) Serve with salad vegetables. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shallots Steamed Chicken Wings

Salmon and Mushroom Rice (Rice-cooker)

Hokkien Mee