Fish Maw Soup

I love hosting! Cooking to me is not a chore but a project that gives me tremendous satisfaction at the end of it. Moreover, food bonds people and I love to bring families and friends together through this act of service.

This year Chinese New Year 初三, I hosted my siblings- in-law and prepared a 9-course feast. The feast comes with a satisfying fish maw soup. Here is the recipe.



Ingredients:
- 6 large fish maw, soak it in hot water, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 400g of shredded crab meat
- corn flour
- chicken stock

Procedures:
1) In boiling chicken stock, add fish maw and let it simmer for 20 minutes. (The chicken stock comes from the Samsui Chicken dish)
2) Add crab meat. 
3) When the soup reboils, add corn starch to thicken the soup.
4) Season with pepper and salt.
5) Add 2 beaten eggs. Serve.

My more artistically-inclined husband arranged a cute dog design for our Yu Sheng this year.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shallots Steamed Chicken Wings

Salmon and Mushroom Rice (Rice-cooker)

Hokkien Mee