Banana Muffins

I am against food wastage. To me, food is a blessing from God and wasting food would be taking this blessing for granted. Furthermore, the money saved from not wasting food can be used to bless others.

So, I adopted a few habits to avoid wasting food. First, I plan my menu weekly and use it as a reference for grocery shopping. Second, I buy grocery online and this minimise the chance of being enticed to buy unnecessarily. Third, I check my fridge and food cupboard weekly and make sure that I use the ingredients I already have. Fourth, I aim to empty my fridge and food cupboard at least once a year. Not by throwing away expired ingredients and condiments, but by careful planning to use up everything. The cleaning of the empty fridge often gives me tremendously sense of satisfaction. 

This Banana Muffin recipe is what I turn to when I have over-riped bananas. It can be eaten as a breakfast or a dessert. 


Ingredients:
- 2 over-ripe bananas
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder 
- one-third cup of sugar 
- 2 eggs 
- one- third cup vegetable oil 
- vanilla extract
- any addition ingredients (walnuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, chocolate, cream cheese)

Procedures:
1) Sieve 1 cup of plain flour into a mixing bowl. Add sugar and baking powder. Mix well. 
2) To another mixing bowl, mash 2 bananas. Add vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well. 
3) Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix well. 
4) Add nuts, seeds or dried fruits of your preference. 
5) Using an ice-cream scope, place 1 scope of the batter into a muffin mould. You could insert a piece of chocolate or a piece of cream cheese into the middle of the batter for a pleasant surprise later. 
6) Bake at 180 degree for 25 mins. Cool and serve. 

My little boy was obviously very thrilled to find the chocolate core in his muffin. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shallots Steamed Chicken Wings

Salmon and Mushroom Rice (Rice-cooker)

Hokkien Mee