Carbonara

If I were to get my boys to vote for their favourite pasta, it will definitely be Carbonara. In fact, if I conduct a survey amongst the children  in my extended family, I am quite sure Carbonara will come out as the favourite and win other pasta by a big margin. Not only kids love it. Just before my last helper left, she requested for me to cook Carbonara as one of her last meals with us. So, proudly presents the popular and yet humble carbonara.


Ingredients:
- 400g bacon, cut into thin shreds
- 1 bud of garlic
- 3 eggs yoke 
- 1 can of nestle all purpose cream 
- 1 packet pasta (spaghetti or penne) 
- Parmesan cheese, 200g 
- 400g of brown swiss mushrooms 
- black pepper 

Procedures:
1) Boil pasta in unsalted water. 
2) On a unheated pan, place bacon in. Slowly heat up the pan and let the bacon render in its own fats until it is crispy. 
3) Add crushed garlic. (Sometimes, I will add brown mushrooms for a more balanced meal for the kids)
4) Add cooked pasta. Stir with the bacon. 
5) In a bowl, add egg yoke, cheese and cream. Mix. 
6) Turn off the fire. Add egg yoke mixture and cook with residual heat. Add a little pasta water if too dry. 
7) Serve with more parmesan cheese. 

It is important to turn off the fire before adding the egg mixture so as not to make scrambled eggs. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shallots Steamed Chicken Wings

Salmon and Mushroom Rice (Rice-cooker)

Hokkien Mee